Hi yall. I have some work to share…
Can you see why I named this post crazy painting? My abstracts keep getting more and more out there!
This rather large painting (2ft x 4ft) Is a completely made up fantastical tropical forest.
When I got to this point, all though there was so much going on, I felt like it still needed some sort of extra life force.
In my imagination I saw hummingbirds just loving that yellow bell-shaped flower.
So why not!
What’s cool to me, is the birds do not stand out at all. They are definitely not the first things you see. Just like in nature. Everything is hiding for it’s protection. Yet the more you tune in and look, the more of nature you see.
I have to admit I am a little nervous.
I have two local art shows I am submitting work to this month (this means exposing myself to my artistic peers!). Yes, I post my work on my blog, but I haven’t actually shown any of these abstracts out in public!
I know to most of my public, these paintings are pretty frigging crazy. I brought This giant 4 x 4ft abstract in for jurying last week:
I absolutely love it. I had this in my kitchen and it brought me joy and energy every day. But when I walked into the gallery and placed it next to a muted beach pastel, everyone in the rooms eyes popped out of their head! Ok maybe I’m over-reacting and being super-sensitive… but high energy and bold may have been words thrown out there…
I have to prepare myself for the possibility that many people will not like my work…
Luckily it only bothers me about 25% which leaves about 75% thick skin.
I mean, when I display my work in my home, it makes perfect sense! I just have to find a few more people out there like me – you know, totally awesome! ;)
I know that like an awkward teen, I’m just going through a phase. Be that a crazy phase! I can see down the road that one day I will be able to marry the craziness with my prior realistic style and when the two come together, look out! I will have found my artistic “signature”.
Gotta walk the miles in the shoes…
Just like the bobby pin holding back my awkwardly growing out hair, I still have to go outside and greet my neighbors. Gotta keep living day to day…
Gotta show my work. Stand tall and enjoy this crazy ride!